Croid dental

Información de Pasaporte

The following information is provided should you have any questions or concerns regarding travel regulations between the United States and Mexico, otherwise known as the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI).

WHTI is the joint Department of State (DOS) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) plan to implement a key 9/11 Commission recommendation and the statutory mandates of the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 (IRTPA). IRTPA, in part, required the DHS and DOS to develop and implement a plan to require all travelers, U.S. citizens and foreign nationals alike, to present a passport or other acceptable documents that denote identity and citizenship when entering the United States.

What types of documents are accepted for entry into the United States via land and sea?
• U.S. citizens can present a valid: U.S. Passport; Passport Card; Enhanced Driver’s License; Trusted Traveler Program ( redirecciona a ) card (NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST); U.S. Military identification card when traveling on official orders.
• U.S. citizen children under the age of 16 need only present a birth certificate or other proof of citizenship. The birth certificate can be original, photocopy, or certified copy.
• WHTI does not affect U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents, who are still required to present their permanent resident card (Form I-551) or other valid evidence of permanent residence status.
• Mexican citizens, including children, are required to present a passport with visa, or a Border Crossing Card.

The goal is to strengthen border security while facilitating entry into the United States for U.S. citizens and legitimate international travelers, making the process more efficient and convenient.